Work-life can be stressful, competitive and difficult but the right positive affirmations for work can bring us success and happiness. Affirmations are not just for our personal lives and they can leapfrog us ahead in business too.
In fact, because they’re so frequently underused (especially in a professional setting) they can really give you a leg-up over your competition. These professional affirmations for work won’t just help you succeed but they can also help lower stress and bring you a better work-life balance.
This selection of affirmations for work can help but to supercharge your results pick the ones that stand out to you. The affirmations that suit you best at this moment. I would select no more than 10 and, if you need some guidance, you can download the affirmation workbook and follow the 7-day blueprint for making your affirmations even more potent (and making sure you see results).
Short Positive Affirmations for Work Success
It can be helpful, to begin with, an affirmation practice that is short. Practicing positive thinking must become part of your daily routine in order for it to be effective. Begin with an affirmation that feels of the utmost importance to you. Once you have selected your affirmation, begin repeating it (verbally or mentally), or writing it down in multiple places.
Effective affirmations are honest, reduce negative thinking, and are applicable to numerous life situations.
Below are five positive affirmation examples to bring you peace of mind in the workplace:
- I know I have what it takes to succeed. I am worthy of growth and achievement.
- I always perform well in my position. I will continue to grow and improve.
- Success is drawn to me, and I accept it.
- Everyone’s definition of success is different, and I am achieving my version of success.
- I have limitless potential.
- I deserve a promotion.
- I earn success at work.
- I am the best at what I do.
Positive Affirmations for Work Stress
While we seek to cultivate positive energy in our work environments, stress can lead to negative energy that spills over into our personal lives.
If stress is not addressed, difficult experiences at work can snowball, and lead to a negative belief about your job itself or your own self-worth.
The affirmations listed below are a great resource for stress before work, during work, or any time you may have a large project or higher than normal level of stress.
- I welcome challenges. I grow and learn from them, and look forward to overcoming them.
- Today is not the only day to achieve my goals. If I do not complete them today, it is not the end of the world.
- No matter how challenging it may seem, I am capable. I can solve any problem that comes my way.
- I am open to and ready to receive positivity.
- My mind is clear, calm, and I am in control of my emotions and activities.
- It is okay for me to ask for help if I need it.
- I feel stress but it is temporary. I have managed my stress before. I can return to my breath and feelings of calm.
- I recognize and value my own talents and gifts.
- Today, I will find pleasure and joy in the small tasks that make up my work.
- I see the stress leaving my body. I am light, energetic, and positive.
Positive Affirmations for Work Colleagues
Work colleagues can oftentimes make or break the environment of a workplace. When these relationships run smoothly, we are less impacted by stress and worry.
These affirmations can help turn around your mindset about your colleagues. When repeated to or with colleagues, they can also improve their own performance because they perceive that they have done well thanks to your affirmations.
The statements below can help manage your expectations and help you interact with your colleagues in a meaningful, positive way.
- I can open and maintain the channels of communication. I share what I know, and accept knowledge from others.
- I recognize and celebrate others, privately and publicly. I acknowledge everyone’s contributions and ideas and give proper credit.
- I forgive others graciously. I know that I too have been forgiven.
- I believe in the goodness and capability of my colleagues.
- Today, I will work to build mutually beneficial relationships, and be intentional about my words and actions.
- I have a wonderful relationship with my colleagues and boss. We are all valuable and important.
- My colleagues are wonderful people, and we share the same values and core beliefs.
- I respect and appreciate my colleagues, and they respect and appreciate me.
- I trust the intuition of my colleagues and believe in their goals and dreams as they do mine.
- I am fortunate to have hard-working, honest, and dedicated colleagues. We all contribute equally.
How Affirmations Can Help Your Work Life
Tough situations in life are impossible to avoid, but personalized affirmations that target your goals are a valuable asset in your overall health and wellness toolbox.
Affirmations help minimize anxiety and improve your willpower, and can even lend themselves to an overall clarity of thinking when approaching highly sensitive situations.
There are also physical reasons that reciting (even mentally) powerful affirmations is beneficial.
Positive self-talk and affirmations have been linked to:
- A longer life-span
- Decreased rates of depression and distress
- Improved resistance to minor illnesses (the cold, flu, etc.)
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Better coping skills during times of high stress or duress
- Improved calmness and clarity of thinking
This is largely due to the shift in perspective that repeating affirmations has. When you feel more confident, capable, and in power, your body lessens the stress response, and you are able to perform with less strain and anxiety.
It is important to note that while these affirmations are powerful, it does take practice to implement them with fidelity and impact. Changing our thoughts and feelings about ourselves takes dedicated work. Choose an affirmation each day this week, and notice the difference in your day as you repeat it.
How many times did you come back to your affirmation? Do you truly believe it? Embody it? Do you feel you have a more positive attitude? With regular practice, your affirmations will become more intentional, specific, and targeted toward your life while allowing you to better handle the everyday stressors.
You will find that in time, you will not only truly believe your affirmations, but will manifest them into success.
Bonus: Work Success Affirmation Cards
If you find an affirmation that speaks to you, save the image and use it as a background or, better yet, print it out and use it as part of a manifestation box. You might also wish to share the card with someone who might need to hear the message.
I’m a huge believer in the power of affirmations. Even taking a few minutes out of your day could empower you endlessly, however you wish to use them.