I do not accept that Monday mornings have to be doom and gloom. I jump out of bed on a Monday morning ready to sock the rest of the week right in the face and a couple of good Monday morning affirmations do me more good than a strong cup of coffee.
Normally we talk about affirmations shaping our lives in the long term but setting yourself up for success at the start of the week can have a huge impact right away. On the other hand, heading into the week with the wrong mindset can set you back. Don’t fall into the same trap as most people. Monday can be the best day of your week and it all starts with how you frame your mind.
Don’t forget, if you’re new to affirmations (or you’ve not seen the life-altering results yet) you can use our free step-by-step affirmation workbook to avoid the common mistakes and make sure you’re getting the most out of your affirmation practice.
Don’t be passive with your week. Tell the universe this Monday is going to be yours.
21 Simple Monday Morning Affirmations
Mondays don’t have to be a drag. You have the ability to metamorphose your negative beliefs into a butterfly of positive energy. Keep any of these quick and simple Monday morning affirmations with you all day. Whenever feelings of negativity, anxiety, stress or worry begin to fester within, say your chosen positive affirmations repeatedly until the sensations vanish.
- I inhale happiness and exhale tension
- I am in control of my Mondays, I am in control of my life
- I choose to be happy
- Mondays mean the start of a happier life
- Every Monday is a gift and a blessing
- Each person that enters my life is a lesson just for me
- Only I am responsible for having a quality life
- Of all the days of the week, Monday is my favorite
- I will focus on all that’s good
- I am worthy because I exist
- Peace is my state and joy is my copilot
- Ok Monday, let’s go!
- Every new week brings new goals
- The challenges of Monday are only tests
- I am strong and I am the picture of confidence
- Monday will not bring me down
- Monday is another opportunity
- The universe will provide everything I need
- I will not let others infect my good mood
- Adversity provides the chance to find solutions
- Every Monday burgeons with countless possibilities
21 Powerful Monday Affirmations
If you have intense feelings of doom over Mondays, start with a powerful affirmation the moment you wake up. Keep the phrase in your mind while you begin your daily routine; when you take a shower, prepare breakfast and anything else you do.
- Monday is a secret gift because it means I get to see another week on this earth
- Optimism fills my heart because Mondays give me a brand new start
- Regardless of what negativity comes my way, I will remain strong and positive on this Monday
- Mondays are not something to dread, it’s just the perception in my head
- The potential that Mondays comprise bring an entire week that is amazing, enlightening and wise
- No matter what ill will comes my way, my heart and mind will shoot it away
- The utmost satisfaction comes from everything I think, feel and do
- Life is a journey filled with ups and downs, but it’s the negative feelings I choose to hold onto that makes all the difference
- I am confident, I am deserving of love, I have friends and I adore my family
- Mondays are a beautiful opportunity to plan the week I want
- If something happens that dampens my mood, I can always regroup and start again
- I am the powerful creator and architect of my own reality; I choose to be free
- Beauty fills my heart, mind and soul because Mondays always make me whole
- Mondays signify that life is a gift each and every day; I can take on anything come what may
- I am strong and beautiful and I can deal with any challenge that crosses my path
- Only I have the personal power to determine my attitude and I choose victory
- People who want to make life difficult cannot influence me; it is only a reflection of their own inner diss-ease
- Mondays are a beautiful day because it shows me that the universe gives me powerful purpose
- Because I choose light and love, all hardship and negativity cannot pervade
- I can conquer anything because I have limitless potential
- Infinite abundance is my power song of success
Do Morning Affirmations Work?
Affirmations have loads of backing in both scientific studies and spiritual work. From hard-tested data to anecdotal evidence and if you’ve seen my own story you’ll know why I’m so excited by their power however, like anything, Monday morning affirmations are a tool. You get out of them what you put in.
Most people don’t see results with affirmations. They either don’t understand how or why affirmations work, they expect their lives to instantly transform moments after uttering the words or they fall into one of the other (common) traps (which is exactly why we put together the workbook to follow along).
You have to keep faith in and be patient with yourself. If you’ve held a negative belief around Mondays for many years, developing a positive mindset will be a work in progress. Don’t just say the words with empty meaninglessness. You must infest yourself on an emotional, psychological and spiritual level.
Don’t merely say the words, but believe them, visualize them and feel them down to the core of your heart and soul. Some may not jive well with you and how you feel about things. This is absolutely fine. Perhaps these Monday affirmations will spark your creativity to come up with your own.
Why Monday Affirmations Are So Powerful
Affirmations can be powerful in any aspect of your life but there’s certainly something to be said for using them on a Monday morning.
Negative affirmations can be more powerful than positive ones (sadly) and the daily grind of life puts a lot of us into this mindset of Monday morning sucks and that’s starting our week off on the back foot. However small a change your early manifestations might make, even a slight impact this early in the week can set you up for strong success.
And I do mean in any aspect of your life. Not just your professional or academic life, start your Monday morning right and see what I mean for yourself.
Bonus: Affirmation Cards
If you find an affirmation that speaks to you, save the image and use it as a background or, better yet, print it out and use it as part of a manifestation box. You might also wish to share the card with someone who might need to hear the message.