Many things happen in life that causes us great pain and there comes a time where we must let go of the past. In order to heal and move forward, we have to release what holds us back. This includes people, situations, feelings, attitudes, ideas and beliefs.
Try any one of these comforting affirmations for letting go to see if they can help. If none of these work for your situation, hopefully, they will give you the impetus to create your own.
Tip: If you’re just getting started with affirmations (or you’ve been using them for a while and you’re just not seeing results yet) we’ve created a step-by-step workbook to help you actually get results out of your affirmation process. You can download it (free) here.
10 Positive Affirmations for Letting Go of Someone
Sometimes, we have to let go of people. Regardless of your reasons, test these beautiful affirmations to regain control of your love and mind.
- I will stop insisting I am always right and will focus on being more kind.
- I am ready to move on from this person that no longer serves my life.
- Only I can provide myself with a happy life.
- I honor the uniqueness of others.
- I let go of needing to change others to my own preferences.
- I surrender my attachment to what other people think of me.
- I accept and understand not everyone shares my desires, thoughts and dreams.
- I will no longer attempt to control others.
- My happiness is not the responsibility of other people.
- There are simply some people who do not need to be a part of my life.
10 Affirmations for Letting Go of an Ex
When a relationship ends, we must mourn its passing and let it go. These affirmation statements can help with this essential task.
- I choose to be in the present moment, each and every second.
- Only I can give myself the love I seek.
- I release the need to be judgmental and critical of past relationships.
- There is no room for people who inflict pain and hardship.
- Relationships are not about dictating the thoughts and emotions of others.
- My spirit is clear of past relationships and they will no longer take up real estate in my head.
- The positive memories from past relationships will always stay with me.
- I am blessed for having this relationship that is now over. It is time for a new chapter of love.
- I forgive the wrongs from all relationships of the past and choose joy, love and peace in all its fullness.
- I give up holding things against others because they are not responsible for my happiness.
10 Affirmations for Letting Go of Hurt
In the event pain and hurt in your past keep you locked in a state of chaos, use these as daily affirmations.
- Disappointments of the past provide guidance and insight, they do not define who I am.
- The past has no power over me and healing energy fills my being.
- I choose to release all hurt and resentment in exchange for a joyful life.
- Grudges and vendettas of the past are now gone from my life.
- The things I experienced do not control the love in my heart.
- I am at peace with all the pain, hurt and disappointment of the past.
- I am ready for new experiences and adventures.
- I release all that causes me anguish and pain.
- The past is dead and gone, let the vultures peck at the carrion.
- I choose to let go of all anger, resentment and negative attitudes.
10 Affirmations for Letting Go of Worry
Today’s world propagates fear and worries within our lives; they encourage and support fear affirmations rather than positive ones. We must make a conscious choice to release such negative notions and saying counteracting statements can help.
- Confidence takes the place of all fearful thoughts and feelings that keep me imprisoned within myself.
- I will no longer worry about the past, I release fear in the present and I surrender trust to the future.
- To accept the flow of life, I release my investment in outcomes.
- I release all worry, fretting, anxiety and doubt.
- I let go of all false beliefs based on fear propagated by others; they only block my peace of mind.
- With a positive mindset, I create the space for new happiness and experiences.
- Fear is an illusion and it perpetuates self-delusion; there is nothing to fear.
- Beliefs stemming from worry, uncertainty and doubt will not take root in my soul.
- My natural confidence rises like a phoenix from its own ashes because fear and insecurity have no place in my life.
- I exhale stress and worry while inhaling strength that fills me like the night wind in summer.
10 Affirmations for Letting Go of Guilt
All of us do regretful things in life, it’s part of the learning process. And although it’s good to acknowledge our guilt, we have to let it go or it will block beneficial progress. Say these affirmations to release your chaotic mind.
- Self-hatred, shame, self-judgment and guilt are heavy burdens I no longer carry.
- I promise I will no longer believe limiting beliefs within myself.
- Stress within my heart, body, soul and mind enslave my potential.
- Love and compassion are my focus and I release all forms of shame and anger.
- The past will no longer affect my spirit.
- I forgive myself for all I have done wrong and will focus on making better choices.
- I live boundless moving forward with positive energy.
- Self-criticism and negative self-talk will no longer be my daily reality.
- Self-judgment and shame are now gone with the wind.
- I choose a happier life to release toxic thoughts and emotions.
Using Affirmations to Let Go
Positive affirmations about letting go of the past encourage forgiveness while relieving ourselves of doubt, negativity and bad energy. Because so much accosts our gift of freedom from within, we develop damaging patterns and trap ourselves in a prison of resentment.
Life is a precious and amazing gift. Our personal happiness is the result of our own exacting efforts. Using affirmations to let go of the chains that bind us provides personal empowerment that no one can give or take away.
If you find an affirmation that speaks to you, save the image and use it as a background or, better yet, print it out and use it as part of a manifestation box. You might also wish to share the card with someone who might need to hear the message.
I’m a huge believer in the power of affirmations. Even taking a few minutes out of your day could empower you endlessly, however you wish to use them.