The first energy center of the entire chakra system is the Root. It sits under each foot as well as in the space between the genitals and anus. This is the foundation of strength, fortitude, grounding and having a solid connection with the earth. It is our will to survive with a deep understanding of purpose and a sense of safety.
It is from this that all other chakras operate. When there’s a Root Chakra imbalance, the rest of the system is also out of whack. Saying any one of these powerful Root Chakra affirmations can help realign this center and strengthen your spiritual connection to the Universe.
I’ll give you some examples of affirmations you can use to power up the root chakra but I always suggest picking and choosing the affirmations that suit you best at this moment. I would select no more than 10 and, if you need some guidance, you can download the affirmation workbook and follow the 7-day blueprint for making your affirmations even more potent.
15 Affirmations to Clear a Root Chakra Blockage
- I no longer allow fear and uncertainty to rule my life.
- I am secure and assured of material safety.
- I give trust to myself and the earth.
- No matter where I am, I am always at home.
- Each breath anchors me to the present moment.
- I choose to ground myself even when the world seems chaotic.
- I am right where I need to be and I choose to be free.
- I am an active participant in the clearing of blockages from my Root.
- No matter what happens, I choose calm and peace while remaining rooted to reason.
- I believe in my ability to survive.
- I have a right to be here.
- I love and trust my body and it responds with its own wisdom.
- I have a right to choose the life I wish to lead.
- The materialism of the world does not define me.
- I know who I am and make choices based on what I know to be right.
15 Affirmations to Make Your Root Chakra Strong
- I am rooted in my seat of power at this present moment.
- I live from the depths of my soul and project my purpose to the world.
- I love my healthy body and trust its wisdom.
- I am a mountain, stable and solid, with an immovable connection to the earth.
- I balance my root.
- I know I am loved and supported by the Universe and Mother Earth.
- I am centered and grounded.
- I have all there is to be happy.
- I own my personal power; rooted, and strong.
- I am in control and I create the reality I desire.
- My connection with Mother Earth always protects, provides and supports.
- My feelings of safety have protection and guidance.
- My right to belong is untouchable because the universe and earth will it so.
- As a child of the Universe, love and protection are always with me.
- Focus, organization and accomplishment are mine with grace and ease.
15 Affirmations for Healing the Root Chakra
- I am proud of who I am and my vibrational frequency.
- Faith, peace, love and trust build the foundations of my life to do what I must.
- My place in life is always secure, no matter how much chaos seems to pervade.
- I am connected to and love being in my body.
- Everyone has a right to exist.
- I am calm and grounded as is my connection with nature.
- I live in an abundant Universe.
- I root myself deeply into this plane of existence.
- I get everything I need at the right place and time.
- I am one with the earth. I am one with my body.
- The Universe provides support in everything I do.
- My nourishment brings confidence and strength.
- I am exactly as I should be, whole and complete.
- My feet touch the earth like the roots of a tree and I have a right to exist.
- Connection with nature nurtures my body along with healthy food, clean water, exercise and meditation.
How Affirmations Help Your Root Chakra
Many things encompass our lives that make us believe our existence is wrong or that we don’t have a right to live. These kinds of attacks and accusations are directly accosting the Root which removes us from our connection to the earth element. It destroys our feelings of safety, which then perpetuates a vicious cycle of having an imbalanced Root Chakra.
Everyone born has the right to exist. This isn’t up for debate or argument. The universe has a special role for each of us and no human has a right to determine who can or cannot exist. So, anyone making such claims is only mirroring their own deficient or overstimulated chakra.
What It Does & Doesn’t Do
These base chakra affirmations can help provide deep connections to security, safety and grounding. It literally roots you to the earth and this waking reality. However, if you do a search online, you might think that this is a magical, fairy-like chakra bestowing money, friends and acceptance by others.
This shows a lack of perspective that equates the Root to other chakras like the Heart, Solar Plexus or Crown. These are pure fallacies muddying the waters of real chakra development and reinforce a closed mind. While it’s true the Root influences and connects to the rest, they do not stem from it.
For example, feelings and love are under the sole tutelage of the Heart Chakra, not the Root. So, saying chakra affirmations from the Root to gain the love of other people will further compound unbalanced energy because the focus isn’t in the Heart Chakra. The Root is about accepting yourself, not finding it from someone else.
It’s about Abundance, NOT Getting Rich
Also, this kind of misinformation might have you thinking it can bring millions of dollars. This simply isn’t true. It’s when all your chakras are working in harmony that outside influences and material abundance come beyond what we need to live.
That said, the Root does deal in material safety, but our Western mindsets mistakenly conflate that with money. Although that’s part of it, it’s something of a warped understanding. A balanced Root Chakra means you have all the food, water, clothing, shelter and other necessities for basic survival. So, it’s not about outdoing competitors or being richer than your neighbors.
If you find an affirmation that speaks to you, save the image and use it as a background or, better yet, print it out and use it as part of a manifestation practice. You might also wish to share the card with someone who might need to hear the message.
I’m a huge believer in the power of affirmations. Even taking a few minutes out of your day could empower you endlessly, however you wish to use them.