To say goodbye to the past and ring in new beginnings, the New Moon gives us an opportunity for great healing. This lunar power provides us a chance to let go of what ails our souls. Saying a New Moon affirmation can help let go of negativity while restating your goals and purpose.
I’m a huge fan of the power of affirmations to bring about change and the new moon has always been a symbol for change. I’m very excited for you to take advantage of this potent combination but just remember you could use any affirmation during this time and see a dramatic difference. The affirmations below are just examples you can draw inspiration from or use if they stand out to you.
Affirmations can be a powerful way of manifesting change and shifting your reality and aligning your intention up with the lunar phases like this can make this especially potent. However, even with the support of a new moon, most people don’t see results with their affirmations because they fall into the common traps. If you’re new to this (or maybe you’ve been practicing for a while and you’re not seeing results) try aligning the new moon with our (free) step-by-step affirmation workbook. It’ll help you avoid the mistakes most people are making.
20 Simple New Moon Affirmations
Test out some of the affirmations below. If they don’t nudge you at a deeper level, you can always design your own.
- New moon, new me
- I welcome change on this New Moon
- My soul is bright amid the darkness of the New Moon
- The time of the New Moon brings order from chaos
- I release what no longer works and open myself to truth
- My magic lies in the secret nature of the New Moon
- The New Moon is an eminent symbol of renewal
- I set new goals on this sacred night
- The negativity of the past no longer has a place in my life
- The New Moon always provides fresh opportunities
- When I live in truth by the love of the Moon, my soul flows without effort
- New Moon, new miracles
- I forgive myself and I forgive others
- Life is all about change
- I trust the future because what I create enriches the world around me
- I stave off delusion, release all illusion and bring order to confusion
- The New Moon is a time for healing
- Mother Moon always helps me in jarring times
- The New Moon supports my sense of stability
- Although steady on my life path, this is a powerful time of renewal
25 Powerful New Moon Affirmations
The New Moon affirmations you see below are a little more in-depth than the ones above. These can get you into a magical mood so that you can conquer any challenges that come your way. Such affirmations can also act as a reset button so you can alter your outlook on life.
- Tonight, I let go of blockages, fear and negative thinking
- I align my soul’s purpose with the New Moon
- I am compassionate, I am free and I am me
- As the New Moon empties the past, I fill up with creative energy
- I accept all that I am, the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly
- Pain and hurt from the past will no longer affect my life
- I face the darkness I harbor within so I can reclaim my power
- The New Moon brings great promise for all the good things that will come
- Just like planting a seed into the ground, I plant a seed to bring me closer to my dreams
- I harvest all I have sewn under the renewing power of the New Moon
- The darkness of this New Moon means I can embrace a fresh start from the depths of my heart
- I glean power from the New Moon’s hidden lunar energies
- I accept my purpose through all dimensions of time and space
- I let go of negativity to provide the greatest and highest good
- I commune with the New Moon to do what I must, in perfect love and perfect trust
- The Moon and all its lunar cycles teach me about pure, unconditional love
- The New Moon is the shadow of the night, bringing power and love bereft of light
- A single step is always the start of every epic journey
- I follow my passion guided by my heart
- Tonight, I embrace a new beginning
- My soul rebirths at every New Moon phase
- I can see my purpose and goals clearly in the darkness of this night
- I am a child of the Moon and I am not afraid
- I engage the power of the New Moon to strengthen my intent
- Chaos and strife leaves my life on this New Moon night like a carving knife
How to Set New Moon Intentions
The renewing power of the New Moon allows you to set your intentions and goals. If you want to do this during an ideal time, follow the energies prescribed under the residing zodiac sign.
I may be a good idea to create a Moon journal. Jot down everything significant that happens throughout an entire Moon cycle. Review your list on the New Moon and then formulate the kind of changes you want to see over the course of the next Moon cycle.
The most important thing to remember during this special time is to exercise forgiveness, whether that means forgiving yourself or someone else. Also, show your gratitude for what you do have. Let the universe know you are grateful for all the gifts it has given you.
How Do You Manifest on a New Moon?
Before addressing your dreams, wishes and aspirations during the magical New moon, you have to rid yourself of all the negativity and bad feelings from within. Ergo, you’ll have to go through several levels of cleaning so your body, heart, mind and soul are appropriate for connecting with these lunar energies.
- Cleanse Yourself: Take a shower or a long, hot bath. This also includes brushing your teeth and ensuring your fingernails are clean. Physically cleaning yourself removes all accumulated dirt and debris.
- Drink Some Tea: Prepare a cup of your favorite tea with a bit of honey. When you drink it, imagine all your sorrows, worries and fears wash away from your heart. Allow this step to purify your emotions and feelings.
- Meditate Awhile: Meditate for about 10-15 minutes to clear your mind of all thoughts. Close your eyes and inhale into your gut and exhale in full. Imagine a rushing river right next to you. Anything that comes into your head, dump it into that river and wave it goodbye.
- Create a Sacred Space: Light a candle and burn your favorite incense. When you feel centered and have a sense of stability, begin saying your New Moon affirmations. But when you begin to speak, lock your heart and mind as you annunciate each word within this energetic space.
If you find an affirmation that speaks to you, save the image and use it as a background or, better yet, print it out and use it as part of a manifestation box. You might also wish to share the card with someone who might need to hear the message.
I’m a huge believer in the power of affirmations (no matter the lunar phase). Even taking a few minutes out of your day could empower you endlessly, however you wish to use them.