I’m a firm believer that happiness is something you tell the universe you want and it provides in abundance. These affirmations for happiness can help you do just that.
Our reality is shaped by our expectations and our actions. If our world is shaped and led by negativity and unhappiness that is exactly what it will continue to look like. Even the smallest of nudges towards a more positive expectation and behavior system can have a massive impact on your life.
If you’ve ever heard me talk about the power of affirmations (I’ve been told I do that a lot) it’s because I’ve seen how much it can change things. I’ve posted my story (on the about page above if you’re interested) and I was in a pretty dark place for a long time in the past. I’m not saying affirmations are going to instantly do everything for you overnight but I’m telling you (from first-hand experience) the change and the happiness they can bring is unbelievable.
Negative affirmations (like telling ourselves we’re constantly tired or we never get a break) takes just as much effort as positive affirmations and while the effort for both is the same the results are very different. Use these affirmations as guidelines for your own or pick any that stand out to you. Remember: affirmations work best when you have a personal or emotional attachment to the words you are saying.
Tip: If you’re just getting started with affirmations (or you’ve been using them for a while and you’re just not seeing results yet) we’ve created a step-by-step workbook to help you actually get results out of your affirmation process. You can download it (free) here.
12 Morning Affirmations for Happiness
For some of us, the morning is the most loathsome part of the day. We’re groggy and don’t want to get out of bed. This can sometimes result in a negative attitude because we just want that extra hour of sleep.
If you’re not exactly the most pleasant in the morning, it is within your power to change it. Perhaps some of these positive morning affirmations can help you. Take a deep breath and allow any one of these to influence positive thinking.
- My life is full and I have everything I need
- I am a happy, joyous and radiant human being
- My morning sets my day and no matter what happens, I can change it any way
- Nothing will ruin my good vibes this morning
- As the sun rises, so my heart fills with love
- Today is going to be stupendous, nothing can bring me down
- Sweetness is the morning dew that creates every moment anew
- No matter how crazy things get today, I derive strength from the dawn
- I will no longer be a bear in the morning because I am a lovable person
- I am a joyful person
- The energy of happiness flows from my soul
- I begin every day with gratitude
12 Affirmations for Happiness and Success
Although happiness and success should go hand in hand, this isn’t always the case. At the very least, it’s what we should strive for. But, what does success mean to you? If you’re looking for happiness in coordination with success, you must first determine how you classify the following words: prosperity, success and abundance.
If you believe these mean merely making money, you might want to rethink that for a moment. Sure, you want to have a healthy bank account and not worry about paying bills. But that’s not all success encompasses. Only you can decipher what it means for you and your life. See if any of these affirmations for success boost your power of positive thinking.
- I can achieve all my goals because I’m amazing
- I am my own hero and surround myself with positive people
- All of today’s challenges are only tests to spur me on for better things to come
- Success surrounds me because I will it
- Abundance is the perpetual motion of doing what’s right
- I define what success means to me, no one else can determine it for me
- Making others happy is the foundation of prosperity and abundance
- Success means achieving my goals, whether big or small
- I know I’m successful because what I do brings a smile to people’s faces
- Life is a cornucopia and my cup runs over
- Abundance sticks to me effortlessly because I am a success magnet
- Success is the result of my choice to have a positive outlook
12 Affirmations for Peace and Happiness
Believe it or not, you can be happy and not peaceful. The opposite is also true. To have both simultaneously is like being a trapeze artist; standing with one leg on a tightrope while balancing fine china on every available limb and spot.
The trick is to find a place within yourself that, no matter what happens, will always be a source of sanctuary. Even if others around you are exuding the most soul-sucking negativity, saying one of these peace and happiness affirmations can help.
- I accept what is not within my power to change
- There is something positive in every situation
- I breathe harmony into my heart and exhale love to the world
- There is silence in beauty and beauty in silence
- I will always be a picture of peace no matter what negative situations I encounter
- Life is what I make it out to be
- I am the artist of my world, I am the sculptor of my own harmony
- Peace and love are cyclical, whatever I send out I get back
- Because I am a lovable person, bounty will always surround me
- The harmonics of my soul resonate like a (favorite instrument) playing a song of peace
- Life is beautiful, with all its joy and sorrow
- I make the choice to possess a positive mindset
Why are Happiness Affirmations so Powerful?
So many things in our modern age seem to actively work against and attack our sense of bliss. The empowerment we’re able to give ourselves through the use of positive affirmations is an invaluable tool of navigation. It allows us to generate positive energy while wading through murky waters.
These positive affirmations give us the strength to find happiness within ourselves. When we actively project positive energy, it tells others we are a lovable person. This means regardless of what difficult times go on around us, we can still find delight.
Can Affirmations Make Me Happy?
Happiness affirmations, in and of themselves, can’t make you happy and they won’t work in an instant. But, they can help you to change your mood, attitude and mindset to a more positive state. What we think, say and do creates our reality. It paints our present, which sets up the future.
This means that being happy is a day-to-day choice and you have to actively work at releasing all modes of negative self-talk. So, you will have to say these daily affirmations repeatedly and believe them too.
If you find an affirmation that speaks to you, save the image and use it as a background or, better yet, print it out and use it as part of a manifestation box. You might also wish to share the card with someone who might need to hear the message.
I’m a huge believer in the power of affirmations. Even taking a few minutes out of your day could empower you endlessly, however you wish to use them.